Monday, February 4, 2008

Plans for the future

After graduation, I plan to work as a software developer. I'm not sure where, but I've thought of places, like Oracle and even USF. In 5 years, I will hopefully still be working there. In 10 years, however, I plan to be going into Real Estate and joining my dad in his business. To help me reach my goal of becoming a software developer, I am going through the CS program at USF to learn the skills that I need to help me as a programmer. Also, it serves as a way to show me what else I can do with a CS degree because I can't be 100% sure I'll end up as a programmer at a place like Oracle or Google. I may become more interested in the hardware end or a more administrative side. I really think there are so many more possibilities I have that I just haven't seen yet. Hopefully, I can find something I can be passionate about, so my career can be more than just work. To prepare me for joining my dad in his business, I am just trying to get some exposure to his office, the agents, and what he does. I try to ask him about what's going on with his business, so I can understand more about why certain things are done and how they're done.

No comments: